Sunday, October 02, 2005

Muad'Dib

I just finished Dune yesterday. The lucky thing about that was it meant Buckwalter and I got to rent the campy movie directed by David Lynch, and starring Kyle MacLachlan of "Sex and the City" and "Twin Peaks" fame. Also in a role? Oh yes, it was Sting. In all his glory, posing for half the movie and looking very sassy indeed. It was a lot of fun. Another one of the things I enjoyed so much was the music by Toto. Wow.
I am always amazed at how a thrilling and fantastic book can be turned into a terrible not-even B movie. How does this work? Seriously...it's like the kids who failed my Drama classes last year -- you have to work at it.
Now onto The Constant Garderner so Buck and I can go see the movie before it's too late!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I couldn't stay awake through the movie. I'll have to give it another try. Speaking of old movies, I recently took in "Wiz," with Michael Jackson and that woman who play's the maid in Billy Madison. It's like The Wizard of Oz brotha-man style.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home