Friday, September 02, 2005

First week down!

Well, all you feathered friends, my first week is finito! And it was a success. Some challenges, lovely students, good plans...ah, the beauty of good change.

Every morning this week I've been tuning into NPR to check up on the Katrina situation. It is crazy, as G-money was commenting. Crazy is a complete understatement. And I know people always say things like this after huge disasters of this kind, but I shall follow the rules and jump right in. It really shows you what's important in life -- every possession you own could be destroyed in moments. Whenever I hear about things like this it hits home how important people like Buckwalter and the rest of my family are to me, and how it really doesn't matter if I ever get another paycheck again as long as I'm able to have people in my life like him even for awhile.

Okay, enough sap. No matter how true the sap is, it does get a little too sweet after awhile. I'll just keep the rest of the sweetness to myself.

I am also impressed with New Orleans' mayor. He has got some balls and he sure does his best to come through for his city in times of serious trouble.

And, I know everyone has been waiting to hear, but the House of Spears has finally spoken:
"Britney Spears, who was raised in Kentwood, Louisiana, posted a message on her Web site saying her family was safe and that her "thoughts and prayers go out to everyone" on the Gulf Coast." (from CNN.com)
Thank goodness. Hopefully she can use her power for good.

A link for voluntary agencies that are taking donations, if you can and would like to:
http://www.fema.gov/press/2005/katrinadonations.shtm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home