Saturday, August 27, 2005

Reality kicks in...

The kids show up on Monday -- finally! There comes a time for every teacher (I think -- at least there would if I were every teacher) where they wish they just didn't have to spend more time in their room. I'm ready, already. Let's get going. So come, students, and learn from my wisdom. I shall show you the pathway to correct spelling, and the power of the English language -- used correctly or not.

Anyway, Buckwalter's working today, and I'm meeting him for lunch soon. But it seems we'll be spending weekends sadly apart for the most part. I have them off, and he will be working. Still excited that I might be able to come and play around on a piano for an hour or so while customers mill around, but I don't have my hopes up too high for that one.

Now that September's looming, I'm starting to feel more sad that we can't be in MN for Muffin's wedding. It can't be helped, but it's still sad. We will definitely be thinking about him and hoping the day will be as lovely as he is.

Now to burn more CDs for my classroom and eat a pop-tart. Aah, the Smores pop-tart. There is no finer way to begin your day at the crack of noon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Buckwalter said...

Best of luck at school as the kiddie-winkies pour in through the outside door! Remember: if it's serenity you need, poke your head out through that same door and gaze upon the mountains. You'll be great! -Buckwalter

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home