Friday, August 12, 2005

Sex und die Stadt

We've been watching a lot of "Sex and the City" lately, for reasons twofold:
1) We have no cable
and
2) It's fabulous.

In fact, it's a little bit of an understatement to say we've been watching "a lot" of this lovely show lately. We started two weeks ago with episode one, season one, and are starting on episode one, season four tonight. Goodness gracious me. That is a lot of sex. Und die Stadt.

Something does happen every time I watch this show consistently. Suddenly, after about, I'd say, 4 episodes, I realize that I have so many wonderful things to wear. And I rarely wear them. Why, you ask? Because most of the time, I'd rather wear my jean shorts and a free T-shirt from UB instead. Comfy, cozy, and just nice in any weather.

But when I watch this show, my closet begins to come alive and all of these skirts and dresses and sexy outfits I can't possibly wear as a teacher start to threaten to eat me if they don't get out more often. And then the inevitable happens: I find myself writing on my blog on a completely ordinary day where I'm eating both meals (that being lunch and dinner) at home, and I'm wearing a green and yellow sundress that I used to reserve only for date nights.

It's good to be comfy. I am very happy that I am the kind of person who doesn't always feel they need to look their best, in case the mailman comes to call, or a camera crew walks by, or someone peeps in your window, or whatever the reason people who are always dressed up do what they do. But it is nice to remember these cloth veterans of date nights gone by, and these amateurs of date nights to come by letting them see the light of day every now and then. I'm sure they get sick of never seeing the sun. Poor things.

The real question is, will I feel sad enough for my clothes to break out the evening gown for the day tomorrow, or my wedding gown for church on Sunday? Hey, now that I live here, I bet I could find loads of places to wear my wedding gown to. And it thought it would only have one day in the sun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home