Thursday, July 14, 2005

Turns out money's sort of important...

Well, it's official. Buckwalter and I will not have sufficient funds to comfortably travel back to MN in Sept. for the Wedding of the Century. We finally made the call after much hmming and hawing and lots of going back and forth. You don't want to miss a wedding of a good friend; on the other hand, you don't want to make a trip that might mean you spend your first three months in a new state broke and using credit cards to pay for everything. I guess we chose not to go broke.
So the dress that I finally found will wallow away in my closet until...well, I guess until our anniversary. That's nice -- it won't have to wallow for too long. Not long at all.
But it will be sad to miss this wedding. Buckwalter no longer a Best Man, I no longer an Usherette. I just hope the remaining Usher and Usherette will catalogue all the happenings at this wedding, and let us know about all untoward or strange things as well as all the little lovely moments. Hopefully pictures will be available.
But luckily, we'll still both be able to participate in the MARVELOUS Bachelor Party -- Lost Weekend I. How joyous. And actually, this one will truly be a Bachelor Party. None of those participating are quite sure what exactly will happen to this friendship after the wedding. It's become a concern -- and hopefully there will be no need for worry. But you never can tell, when situations like this arise.
Since I'm discussing in completely cryptic terms, I shall end this blog with one note:
Marathon Man -- if you are reading this, you should contact Buckwalter to learn some interesting (and frustrating) facts about some people who wish to know the whereabouts of our lost weekend. Don't worry -- it's not bad or anything -- just typical and funny. And sort of annoying.
Although we shall all rise above the annoyment (is that a word?) like a great Phoenix rising from several Tequila shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home