Thursday, August 11, 2005

Please note the loveliness...

For those of you regulars to the Report, I have added you in (finally, with some help from Bucky) to a lovely little "Links" section there on the left. Oh, you all look so sweet! How adorable...
Anyway, we're finally here, and I just have a few words to say about marriage. Specifically mine. And how happy I am.
I don't like to gush, and those of you that know me know this to be true, but Buckwalter and I had an awesome 1st (2nd) anniversary in Osh-Gosh-Vegash. We tried a new restaurant, where I guess poor Buckwalter's lasagna tasted like it was adorned with Chef Boyardee sauce (not so good) but my chicken cannelloni (sp?) was so good. And the gelato (which I think might be one of those things that is good wherever you are...I don't have any facts to back that up) was also so good.
But the awesome part of the evening was when we smoked the pre-embargo Cuban cigars we'd been saving for quite some time. One was purchased for him by me, and I think the other was a present from G-money, that man of taste and graciousness. I had never had anything Cuban before (I had a Brazilian boyfriend in high school ;) ) but never a Cuban cigar. It was AWESOME. I know that particular adjective makes me sound dumb and more than a little bit stupid, but it simply fits. The cigar was AWESOME. Awe with a some on the end. And I finally learned how to blow smoke rings! Which I intend to perfect before Marathon Man comes back in December for Coke-in-a-bottle and cigars. I hope to someday strive for wizardry with my smoke blowing -- it would be so fantastical to be able to blow a smoke ship. Ha ha. Anyway, it was a really nice time, and I thought I needed to mention my first experience with the tobacco that is so close to wacko.

Also, the apartment's coming together really well. We've got a lot of art hung, or hanged if you prefer. There were two new additions to the new home is Lash-Vegash -- two new pillowcases from my mom. Buckwalter's is an awesome cheeseburger and fries pillow and mine sports some striped umbrellas and rain. You'll have to come visit us to understand what that might mean.

But everything's coming into focus now. And I have to say that so far, I really like it here. Operation "Get the Madame out of the Midwest" is off to a roaring beginning.

Now it's time to be off to my "so good" in-unit washer and dryer. I love being able to say "I think I'll throw in a load of towels," and not have to worry about some old lady stealing my laundry basket when I'm back up in my apartment. Crazy old lady.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the pre-embargo Cubans. They are fantastically smooth cigars, and worth the wait and money.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home