Monday, August 15, 2005

Popping corks

I had a pleasant surprise on my drive back from the TB test today. That's right...I had to take a Tuberculosis (sp?) test in order to be hired by the school district. Not much to complain about -- a skin test that turns into nothing, you come back two days later and show them the nothing and they make a note of it. But seriously -- I equate this disease with things like sending people to sunnier climates in Victorian England and Doc Holiday. Hm. I guess at least I don't have it.
Anyway, that's not the point. The point is I've been reprogramming my radio stations in the MINI, and having a lot of fun with that. It's great learning a new city. Especially when you have awesome music to listen to while you drive around acquainting yourself. And there are some awesome hip hop stations in this town. Lovely, lovely, lovely.
Again, not the point. So there I was, coming back from the east side to home on the west side, not diseased with TB, and searching for a radio station at a stoplight. I was waiting to cross the Strip and was wondering exactly what the "Jubilee" is all about at Bally's when I noticed huge sprays of water over the trees. And I remembered that Bellagio is right there. It must have been a super showy show -- maybe something about pride and being an American, because the sprays just kept coming and coming. How many other cities can you view a fountain show from on your way home from a TB test reading?
I think this move may have been a good idea. I give it a plus so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home