Sunday, August 14, 2005

Minor panic attack...

The first in the road to a new teaching job...more to come I'm sure.
As I was printing out my new job packet explaining my exciting week of new teacher workshop days, I became nervous for the first time. Students? No, not nervous about them yet. My school? Nope. This Tuesday, I'll be attending my first of many events where I will meet all the other new people in the district, and have a sort of "mixer" time.
I know I'm good at these kinds of things...they've always been successful before, but I just get so NERVOUS about them. Grr! It's especially frustrating when I was thinking my work week would begin on Wednesday, and then realizing that actually it would kind of begin on Tuesday. Yikes! Argh! Sooner than I was prepared for, and sometimes things like that can really throw me off. Like right now. Thrown. Off.
But it will be okay. Never fear, dear readers. The Madame will come out of this mixer mishap with nary a scratch. Maybe even unscathed. But as for right now, I'm ready to curl up into a little ball, and maybe just get a job at some nice retail place instead. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home