Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Maybe that's why I like middle school...

At least middle school children understand me. We were sharing jokes today in class, and I shared mine -- created in high school with another bored high school jazz pianist.
"How are a chicken and a bear the same?"
They liked the answer.
Good luck figuring it out.
It's quite complex, and might I say more than a little telling of the great genius that was to unfold from the dark niches of my mind in later times.
I am happy with my middle schoolers. They make my life complete.

Also -- ere Buckwalter read it, "Everything is Illuminated" was the novel I consumed in about two-three days. Yes -- it's that good. If you consider yourself someone who likes excellent literature, and I mean "literature" as in they will be teaching this book to your kids when they are in college, then you should have read it by now. What are you doing? Go! Now! Don't waste any more time with this internet nonsense!

2 Comments:

Blogger Buckwalter said...

Ha! I know the answer! But I'm not going to tell anybody... because funny is as funny does. But funny this joke is. Heehee!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

horseinthewine! horseinthewine! hooooorseiiiiinthewiiiiiiine! horseinthewinehorseinthewinehorseinthewinehorseinthewine.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home