Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Huzzah!

Status change for the Madame. My file is currently in review at the Las Vegas School District, which means the calls should be coming soon. Bucky and I are well on our way to a town that suits our life together, our ideas for our future, and our need for a steady income. Huzzah indeed!
My absence from the blogologue has been two-fold.
One -- the ending of the school year. It was grand. I saw Star Wars with the entire 8th grade, then walked to Dairy Queen with a 9th grade team. What fun! Then I had my end of the year evaluation, where I found out that I have indeed been doing a good job. And then I packed up and left, never to return. What bliss! What joy!
Two -- however, in the midst of this bliss and joy, a deadly virus was waiting for the right moment to strike, the moment when I could finally shout, "I'm free!" And strike it did, leaving me comatose and on bedrest for the entire weekend, when I should have been galavanting and playing accompaniment at my cousin's wedding. Oh dear. But I am better now, much better, as Buckwalter can attest. Huzzah once again.
However, there is another horrible realization to come....
Target, purveyor of all things necessary and needed, does not carry what I need. I looked high. I looked low. I searched and quested for nigh on 15 minutes, but not one bathtub hair trap did I find. It looks as though Buckwalter and I will need to make a late night trip to Walgreens and try our luck in their aisles.
Anyway, this week is my last week at Lehmann Center, which has become quite sad for me. With all my troubles in the ton of Farming, I began to really look forward to my nights in Uptown, helping people learn English gooder. After awhile, it really felt like the kind of teaching I'd rather be doing. The diversity was much more suited to my teaching style than Farmington's whiteout classes. The students were attentive, and if off task at times, easily pulled back again. (Don't worry -- I don't hope to ever find this with my middle school children -- it would take most of the fun and the challenge away). And it was closer than Drama to what I actually saw myself teaching. So I will miss Lehmann Center and its lovely students and staff.
On that note, I must close to rejuvenate. It turns out I am not completely well, after a strenuous day of helping my mom clean out her classroom (she's retiring after 31 years of teaching) and then teaching myself at Lehmann. I have become totally exhausted today by my little trips to Arby's, Target, and Byerlys. And Buckwalter, a bomb waits for you in the freezer. Don't worry -- it's the good kind!
I shall return perhaps later in the day to add more two cents 'o' mine to the AEM discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home