Wednesday, June 29, 2005

See -- it wasn't all just talk...

I'm actually doing better! Having only a one day respite in between posts isn't so bad. Certainly not as irresponsible as 10 days. Sorry about that, dear Readers.
This morning I'd just like to comment on one of my many short comings. Every day I come down here to Olaf, and this summer's weather is really getting the better of me. It's hot and raining. Now this spells D-E-A-T-H for a UB summer. We have about 75 high school students here, sleeping in Kildahl and taking classes in varied campus buildings, most without air conditioning. It's more than you can really expect them to take. There's lots of complaining, and rightly so, because the weather blows some pretty big goats. But -- back to my short comings...
Everyday I drive down here in my lovely little Janet the MINI and we park in the not-so-shady crappy "Students who commute" parking lot at the bottom of the hill. Janet doesn't like this parking space, so today we tried something a little different. We found a little lot right next to ours that should be okay to park in with a little bit of shade.
Although (and I promise, I'm getting to the short coming ofthe day) I don't think Janet will be needing much shade today because it is DARK here in Northfield. Dark. And this finally brings me to my point. I left my umbrella in the car. This will be the 6th day it has rained here and I have reminded myself every morning when I wake up that I should really carry my umbrella up to Holland with me. But every one of those days, I somehow forget how important that little hot-pink umbrella could have been. Oh dear. Not so happy about that one.
That was a lot of build up for what (thankfully) is a small short coming.
Now, Buckwalter, I would like to check this out. It's the Austin Lounge Lizards CD that contains the song I keep hearing on the radio and smiling to. The song is called "Old Blevins." I think you can hear a little bit of the song.
Ta ta!

1 Comments:

Blogger Buckwalter said...

Well, I'll say that the clip on Amazon was not the most enlightening 30 seconds I've ever heard (it didn't really get to the "meat" of the song), but, as usual, if it's a CD you want, then it's a CD you shall have. Have ahppy day and good luck shopping later tonight!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home