Thursday, July 20, 2006

Moving all the time

And now that we're back from the magical land of enchantment that is New Mexico, we're set to go off to the land of 10,000 lakes in about a week and a half. How time flies.
Speaking of how time flies, I do not appreciate the fact that Target already has up their back to school display. Not cool. I had to shield my eyes when we walked by on our way to the envelopes.
Newest book for me is "Our Lady of the Forest" by David Guterson, which Buckwalter assures me is both wonderful and depressing. I finished up "Stars and Bars in NM, and it was great! Recommended by me, definitely.
I'm excited to visit MN, but it also makes me feel nervous. There's a feeling like you have to return to the place you left triumphant, or at least better off than you were. I really liked living in MN, but I have a bad taste in my mouth still about all the junk we had to put up with career wise. At least I don't have to see anyone from my old place of employment -- that's positive. And we get to see many friends and family! Hooray! And we get to bring all those boxes that didn't fit on the truck one year ago home finally. One year....I remember having to send those boxes home with my Mom and wondering how exactly all this would turn out one year hence. And it seems to have been good! It just leaves me wondering where all that time went, and how different everyone will look after one year.
I don't think I've changed too much...but I'll let you be the judge of that.
And once again (or perhaps for the first time?) let me comment on the Red Rock Buffet: not worth it. When compared to the buffet at the Suncoast, it is more expensive for the same food. The desserts include gelato, which is a great end to a buffet, but doesn't equal the extra money you spent. When you walk into the Suncoast, the food is better than you expected from the decor. When you walk into Red Rock, the food is quite less than you expected from the hip, savvy decor. I guess not everything is about atmosphere. Of course, the Red Rock does create wonderful conversation stimulation, as witnessed here. But could Buckwalter come up with something as genius as this without the lines at Red Rock? I think we all know he could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home